Leaderboard

Friday 20 April 2012

Hi there old self.



I was browsing through videos in YouTube and I guess I bumped into an old gem.... My group's university work. As I watch it again, flashes of memories just came back like a fast forward slideshow. All the hard work, sleepless night spent on editing, believing the wrong people in task delegation, starting last minute work to the very last where no one actually believes it, drinking crazy amount of Redbulls during exam period and assignment deadlines.



 Gosh! Those times when all of us stick together and pull it through was really an amazing experience. This is our craziest work ever but we love it as throughout the making, it was all fun and what matters the most was our ideas keeps popping out of no where to make things happen.



This wasnt much effort in it by me but yea it was still part of our work. Ideas and soundtrack was what I did





But yet, I have seen and heard that some didn't love their secondary school life as well as university. I couldn't say I understood them as mine was life changing literally. Be it good or bad times all together, I love every single moment of it and I would never trade it for another person's life. I was a normal kid in secondary, never really made it through in the eyes of teachers, never gotten any recognition from seniors, never been a prefect in the school...but all that doesn't matter as I was well blessed with a group of great friends and till now, I still do.


The Victor in University I was so proud of ! The moment I broke down when I first failed my subject and I have to postpone an extra semester thinking I could never made it through Degree and was only made for Diploma. That didn't stopped me as one my lecturer (Mr. Abel) called me up and did what other lecturers normally wouldn't do; say it's okay to fail now then to fail in life, learn life as it is and appreciate it. The Victor in University was a spoilt brad in the beginning, more pocket money was all he cared and misuses the PTPTN loan was his hobby. Countless quarrels did he had with his parents concerning money up until this particular incident where he saw things which he never really thought of seeing. The tears of his beloved mother that cried along with him after quarrelling woke him up from his stupidity.


Have you felt the feeling before where you could not bear to see that your one and only parents breaks down in front of you telling you how much they love you and they have never treated you as a liability to them? From that very moment.. SNAP...you realised how wrong, immature and foolish you were. So Victor promised himself to turn over a new leaf and work hard and study but in his study life he wasn't the best student in class as well. He wasn't the one who follows orders and licks the lecturer's boots to get extra grades. Those lines that lives in his university life was:


"What Nonsense is this?"
"This is BAD! Do it again!"
"You have not been attending my classes and now you're giving me this kind of work?!"
"What happened to you Victor? I've evaluate you before, this is not your work!"
"Really? Are you serious in handing this to me?"
"Is this your work? You are already in your final year! HERE! Compare my work and yours."
*talking to 3rd person while pointing at me* " You didn't gave him that task did you? If you did I'm Speechless.


I miss the moments of being jolly and crazy carefree



Yea...I believe you sort of get the idea how I was during my university. None the less, looking back now, I might rant a little bit here and there but again I didn't regret as I was surrounded by lovely people. The very moment I realised I needed to be better in my studies after 2 years of not trying hard. My mentor also my friend Ms. Ina gave me and my group a deal. If you are willing to learn, I am willing to teach. I asked why was she offering this to us thinking we were not worth of such help. This was what she told me : The reason why I picked you all was because you are like the underdogs and you guys are ALMOST as naughty as I was, of course I was way more crazy and naughty than you guys but you reminds me when I was young. 




A prayer was answered and I never looked back. I did what I could and GOSH! Throwing an unwanted habit is so damn hard. Til today I am still in this battle with laziness. But really, she was the one that started my spark of fire in my soul and she shows me how much I really love about advertising. That was my starting point for a better change of whom I am now and I believe it's not going to stop there because life lesson takes a lifetime to learn. Now, as time passes by, I have become of Victor that you all know now.. HI!!!

 So yea, I've just realised that these few posts were more about appreciation of the people around my life and I really want to do this. I thank God for these people in my life and I really love all of them. Thanks for reading and getting to know me a little bit more of what I've used to be. Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Large Rectangular